The Council’s Home Improvement Service is launching a new project to reduce health hazards in the home and improve the energy efficiency, heating and safety of privately owned and rented homes in Calderdale.
Depending on the householder’s circumstances, they may apply for:
- Hand rails or banisters where one doesn’t already exist
- second stair rails
- additional internal grab rails
- key safes
- free and discounted loft and cavity wall fibre insulation
- advice about reducing fuel bills
- low cost financial assistance for heating systems and other forms of insulation
To apply for a free hand or grab rail please contact the Council’s HandyPerson Service on 01422 392422 or email all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find more information about the Home Improvement Service on the Calderdale Council website, here.