From 1st April 2013 North Bank Forum will be providing Infrastructure Support to the voluntary and community sector groups in Calderdale. Over the next two years they will be offering an exciting sector development programme and are looking forward to working proactively with the borough’s groups and organisations in supporting their needs.
Their head office is based in Hull but from 1st April will be operating an admin office at Clare Road in Halifax. From there they will be accessible to all groups, regardless of their size and delivery, with an outreach presence in Calderdale’s communities. Throughout April they will be contacting as many VCS groups as they can to introduce themselves and offer support, including:
- organisational needs assessments to ensure the services provided are right for the sector’s groups
- Attendance at events and organising themed events around Calderdale
- Outreach advice surgeries
- A programme of future training workshops tailored to the needs assessments
- One to one advice, at venues accessible to individual groups
- Support for managing volunteers
- Safeguarding advice and support
- Funding advice
- Support around Community Asset Transfer.
The above is just a little taster of what they aim to deliver.
North Bank Forum are currently in the process of setting up contact numbers which will be circulated when available, but in the meantime if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Helen Schofield, Deputy Chief Officer on 01482 499039 or firstname.lastname@example.org