Anyone wishing to help out on Christmas Day should contact Christine Henderson on 07547 555380 or via the Gathering Place as soon as possible.
- On Saturday 19th December The Food and Support Drop In will be open as usual for parcels and deliveries.
- The Food and Support Drop In we will also be open from 8am – 1pm for deliveries on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and then as usual on Saturday 2nd January 10am – 11:45am.
- Please note the Food and Support Drop In WILL NOT be open on Boxing Day. Instead it will open on Christmas Day at the Gathering Place from 1pm to 2pm when we will be giving out emergency food parcels.
- The Banqueting Table will be open on Tuesday 22nd December and Thursday 24th December then closed the following week. It will reopen on Tuesday 5th January.
- On Christmas Day we are holding a Christmas Lunch starting at 12noon for all those who would be alone or cannot afford their own Christmas Meal at the Gathering Place.
- The Gathering Place will be closed from Boxing Day until Monday 4th January
- The Winter Shelter will commence on Monday 4th January
Priorities: tinned rice pudding, tinned fruit, tinned potatoes, other tinned vegetables, tinned meals, pasta sauce, sweet and savoury sandwich fillings, coffee and tin openers.
They also need new underwear, socks, gloves, bath towels, waterproof boots, trainers, deodorant, shampoo, shower gel and washing up liquid.
They are trying to cut down on the large number of ‘throw-away’ carrier bags they use each week by giving people reusable shopping bags (e.g. bags for life) and asking them to bring them each time they visit the Drop-in.
The Drop-in is open for deliveries every Thursday between 9am-1pm and every Saturday morning between 9-11.30am. These are the times they need volunteers for the Drop-in. They also need people to help clean up after the doors close at 11.45am on Saturdays.
If you wish to help at all, please get in touch or visit them:
The Food and Support Drop In, C/o The Gathering Place, 1 St James Road, Halifax, HX1 1YS.
Telephone: 01422 647390